RAC Car Insurance
At the RAC we’re committed to finding our customers a great deal on their car insurance. We search a panel of carefully selected insurers to give you our best possible price. We were named as a ‘Trusted Car Insurance Provider’ at the Moneywise Customer Services Award 2014, and with 117 years’ experience of serving customers you know you’re buying car insurance from a name you can trust.
Motorists in the UK are required by law to have valid car insurance. Driving without motor insurance is illegal and could lead to a fine, penalty points or disqualification.
If you are involved in any kind of road accident, car insurance can protect you, your vehicle and other road users by providing financial compensation to cover the costs of any damage or injuries. The minimum legal requirement for car insurance is third party, which will provide cover if you cause damage or injury to another person, vehicle, animal or property in a road incident.
However, third party insurance does not cover the potentially high costs of repairing any damage to your own car, or cover you if your vehicle is stolen or damaged in a fire. Upgrading to comprehensive car insurance will provide you with the highest cover and protect against damage to your own vehicle, even if you are to blame for the accident.
At the RAC we’re committed to finding our customers a great deal on their car insurance and with our 5 Star Rated Car Insurance Plus, you know you’re buying great quality cover from a name you can trust.
Whether you want to insure your child’s first car or purchase temporary insurance cover for a weekend away, we have a range of policies to suit the whole family. Choose from our 5 Star Car Insurance Plus, Black Box Insurance, Multicar Insurance, Temporary Car Insurance or Classic Car Insurance.
RAC 5 Star Car Insurance Plus:
As the motoring experts, we search a panel of approved insurers to give you our best possible price. And with 119 years’ experience of serving customers, you know you’re in safe hands when you buy with the RAC.
- Uninsured driver promise – so you won’t lose your no claims bonus if your car’s vandalised or hit by an uninsured driver
- 5 Star rated cover – RAC Car Insurance Plus has been awarded 5 stars by independent financial research company Defaqto
- RAC members pay £77 lesson average for RAC Car Insurance than non-members1
- Free Motor Legal Protection – benefit from free Motor Legal Protection cover of up to £100,000 for the first 12 months of the policy*
RAC Black Box Car Insurance:
RAC Black Box Car Insurance helps young and new drivers save money by rewarding safe driving, with all the benefits of our standard car insurance which has been awarded 5 stars by independent financial research company Defaqto. RAC Black Box Car Insurance does not impose a curfew like other providers, giving you the freedom to drive where you want, when you want. We start by installing a box which monitors how safely you drive so that at renewal this can be taken in to account to help lower the cost of your insurance. We also cover the cost of RAC Breakdown Cover for you for the first 12 months^ to help keep you moving.
- RAC Breakdown cover – Add RAC Breakdown to your policy and we’ll cover the cost for the first 12 months – Terms & Conditions apply
- Uninsured driver promise – You won’t lose your no claims bonus if your car’s vandalised or hit by an uninsured driver
- 5 Star rated cover – Our comprehensive cover is rated 5-star by independent financial research company Defaqto
- Free Motor Legal Protection – Free for the first 12 months of your policy, if selected, giving you up to £100,000 cover – Terms & Conditions apply
If you buy an RAC Black Box Car Insurance policy you will need to have an RAC Black Box fitted to your vehicle within 14 days.
This box will monitor how your vehicle is driven and provide a Driver Score which will help us price your insurance premium at renewal. Please note, the Driver Score is based upon how the vehicle is driven, therefore the driving behaviour of all parties eligible to drive the vehicle will be taken into account.
Exclusive Member Discount – RAC Members pay £77 less on average for RAC Car Insurance than non-members¹
At the RAC we’re committed to finding our customers a great deal. Our comprehensive Car Insurance Plus is packed with features and benefits and has a 5 Star Rating from Defaqto, so you know you’re buying great quality cover.
We search a panel of carefully selected insurers to give you our best possible price. With RAC’s Defaqto 5* Rated Car Insurance Plus you could pay less than £165^.
Get a 10% discount when you insure additional cars in your household with RAC Multicar*
1 Based on sales from 1st January 2016 to 30th June 2016 of RAC comprehensive car insurance, purchased direct, excluding any additional products and upgrades. Your premium will depend on your circumstances and the level of cover you choose.
* This offer applies to new RAC car insurance customers for the first year only, unless you are an RAC member then this offer is also available at renewal of your existing RAC car insurance policy. Motor Legal Protection is attached to the car insurance policy and will end if and when the car insurance policy ends. The offer cannot be transferred to any other policy and there is no cash equivalent available. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time.
^ 10% of all customer buying Car Insurance Plus with us from 1st January 2018 to 30th June 2018 paid less than £165. Based on comprehensive Car Insurance Plus, purchased direct, excluding and additional products and upgrades, with payment on an annual basis. Your premium will depend on your circumstances and the level of cover you choose.