RAC Car Insurance
Get Car Insurance cover for less than £160 (that’s what 10% of our customers paid)^
RAC members pay £74 less on average for RAC Car Insurance than non-members*
At the RAC we’re committed to finding our customers a great deal on their car insurance. We search a panel of carefully selected insurers to give you our best possible price. We were named as a ‘Trusted Car Insurance Provider’ at the Moneywise Customer Services Award 2014, and with 117 years’ experience of serving customers you know you’re buying car insurance from a name you can trust.
Motorists in the UK are required by law to have valid car insurance. Driving without motor insurance is illegal and could lead to a fine, penalty points or disqualification.
If you are involved in any kind of road accident, car insurance can protect you, your vehicle and other road users by providing financial compensation to cover the costs of any damage or injuries. The minimum legal requirement for car insurance is third party, which will provide cover if you cause damage or injury to another person, vehicle, animal or property in a road incident.
However, third party insurance does not cover the potentially high costs of repairing any damage to your own car, or cover you if your vehicle is stolen or damaged in a fire. Upgrading to comprehensive car insurance will provide you with the highest cover and protect against damage to your own vehicle, even if you are to blame for the accident.
At the RAC we’re committed to finding our customers a great deal on their car insurance and with our 5 Star Rated Car Insurance Plus, you know you’re buying great quality cover from a name you can trust.
Whether you want to insure your child’s first car or purchase temporary insurance cover for a weekend away, we have a range of policies to suit the whole family. Choose from our 5 Star Car Insurance Plus, Black Box Insurance, Multicar Insurance, Temporary Car Insurance or Classic Car Insurance.
RAC Car Insurance – Up to 65% off with 9+ years no claims discount
^10% of all customers buying Car Insurance Plus with us from 1st July 2018 to 31st December 2018 paid less than £160. Based on comprehensive Car Insurance Plus, purchased direct, excluding any additional products and upgrades, with payment on an annual basis. Your premium will depend on your circumstances and the level of cover you choose.
*Based on sales from 1st July 2018 to 31st December 2018 of RAC comprehensive car insurance, purchased direct, excluding any additional products and upgrades. Your premium will depend on your circumstances and the level of cover you choose.
Car Insurance – 5 Star Rated Car Insurance Plus
As the motoring experts, we search a panel of approved insurers to give you our best possible price. And with 119 years’ experience of serving customers, you know you’re in safe hands when you buy with the RAC.
- Uninsured driver promise – so you won’t lose your no claims bonus if your car’s vandalised or hit by an uninsured driver
- 5 Star rated cover – RAC Car Insurance Plus has been awarded 5 stars by independent financial research company Defaqto* (* Based on 2019 rating)
- Award Winning: Consumer Intelligence award winner for Trust in 2017, as voted for by drivers
- Courtesy Car as standard (subject to availability and eligibility)
- Repairs guaranteed for 3 years at approved garages
- Free Motor Legal Protection – benefit from free Motor Legal Protection cover of up to £100,000 for the first 12 months of the policy, if selected* (* This offer applies to new RAC car insurance customers for the first year only, unless you are an RAC member then this offer is also available at renewal of your existing RAC car insurance policy. Motor Legal Protection is attached to the car insurance policy and will end if and when the car insurance policy ends. The offer cannot be transferred to any other policy and there is no cash equivalent available. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time.)
- RAC members pay £74 less on average for RAC Car Insurance than non-members* (*Based on sales from 1st July 2018 to 31st December 2018 of RAC comprehensive car insurance, purchased direct, excluding any additional products and upgrades. Your premium will depend on your circumstances and the level of cover you choose.)